Search This Blog

Saturday, September 09, 2017

15 FAMOUS (American) MOVIE Quotes

We all have our favourite movie quotes. These are but 15 of the most famous ones, out of many...


1. “This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.” - Casablanca, 1942



2. “Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.” - The Princess Bride, 1987




3. “Yippie-ki-yay, mother f**ker!”  - Die Hard, 1988



4. “To infinity and beyond!”  - Toy Story, 1995



5. “Houston, we have a problem.” - Apollo 13, 1995



6. ”You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?” - Dirty Harry, 1971



7. ”The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.”  - The Usual Suspects, 1995



8. “Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.” - The Usual Suspects, 1995



9. ”You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am.” - On the Waterfront, 1954



10. “Mama says, 'Stupid is as stupid does.’” - Forrest Gump, 1994



11. “I’m having an old friend for dinner.” - The Silence of the Lambs, 1991



12. “Go ahead, make my day” - Sudden Impact, 1983



13. “Good morning, Vietnam!” - Good Morning, Vietnam, 1987



14. “My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.” - Gladiator, 2000



15. “Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.” - The Godfather Part II, 1974


No comments:

Post a Comment

"They say there's a quote (or saying) for everything - inspirational, motivational, love or otherwise. If you look hard enough, you'll find one to justify your emotional means.
There are also quotes that contradict other quotes, but isn't that what life is all about? Balance? In the end, if quotes are used to better YOUR life, then they are worth using. Can you imagine life without them? Impossible.